What is Indian Head Massage?
Indian Head massage is based on Ayerveda; a system of healing practiced in India for over a thousand years:
Stress can accumulate in the joints, tissues, and muscles of the face, head, neck and shoulders, and the aim of the treatment is to release these stresses.
During the treatment, a range of different movements are applied including the application of compression movements and deep kneading over the scalp, neck and shoulders, and also the gentle stimulation of pressure points by the stroking of the face
The benefits of Indian Head Massage are:
- Helps relieve the effects of Stress and Tension
- Helps relieves fatigue
- Help relieve Headaches and Migraine
- Helps to relieve Sinusitis
- Increases joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders
- Improves lymphatic flow
- Improves blood circulation
- Frees knots of muscular tension
- Relaxes connective tissue
- helps eliminate toxins and waste products
For the client, the experience can be deeply calming and relaxing, and after the treatment can be left with a feeling of being re-vitalised and re-energised with greater clarity of mind.